Monday, July 15, 2013

drink your candy (breakfast)

So, I have a sweet tooth. For chocolate. All the time. Always. I want it ALL THE TIME.

The last few weeks, my morning smoothies have been super healthy - kale and fruit with no sweeteners...and I'm bored with it. I needed something new. And I was craving a Mounds bar the other day, so I came up with this gem that tastes just like the candy bar, only...erm...liquified.

Healthy Mounds Candy Bar Smoothie

1/2 frozen banana
1 cup kale, loosely packed
3 heaping tbs shredded coconut (I used sweetened)
1 tbs chia seeds
1 tbs coconut oil (I used Trader Joe's - this has a really coconutty flavor)
1/2 tbs honey (I used organic)
1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbs chocolate protein powder (mine is soy based and has a bland flavor...not sure what brand)
1/4 cup coconut water
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk

Blend well (like, really, really well) and enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment