Friday, June 6, 2014

Floppity-flop-flop

So, last Friday I posted that:

YAY WE ARE TOTALLY GOING TO USE THIS BLOG AS A VENUE TO SHARE OUR WOMAN STORIES AND CHANGE THE WORLD. 

Yeah. 

I didn't receive a single story (except for the 2 that are comments on my original post - HOLLA LADIES!).

Lesson:

It takes a lot to change the world. To change society's ways of thinking. 

But I do feel like I reached a few people by sharing my own stories. And I know that it's hard to tell your stories, even the small ones. I know that it may feel like your story doesn't "measure up" unless you were raped or worse. BUT YOUR STORIES DO MATTER. All of them. 

Just know that if your story made your feel vulnerable or uncomfortable or confused - those are valid feelings. You don't have to feel as if you have no right to feel that way because your story "isn't that bad." 

Anyway, as the #YesAllWomen train is dying down, don't forget what the point is: You matter. We matter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment