Thursday, December 20, 2012

confessions of a wannabe

i am a wannabe.

this is the first time i'm admitting this. to a computer. to the internet world. to myself. 
and this is the beginning of my account of being a wannabe...and being ok with that.

i wannabe:

super mom
a health nut
a work-out fiend
vegan/vegetarian
a people person
thrify...er
an extreme coupon user
a cook
a photographer
an archaeologist
a student
an organizing queen
a diy-er
a traveler
a trophy wife
a blogger

and so many other things.

sometimes i look at my friends and i wannabe them:

the crunchy/thrifty/informed super mom
the laid back home improving girl-next-door
the shopaholic traveler
the super-fit, single partier
the money-saving nurse

these women in my life are amazing...and as i look, i see myself in them, not in every part, but in some of the parts. the parts that fit into my life, the parts that make up who i am. but i'm not any of these women, i am:

a mom-to-be
a sometimes-health-conscious-but-extreme-junk-food-and-carb-lover
a run-three-days-in-a-row-then-give-upper
a 3 month vegan
an introvert
kinda thrifty...sometimes...if i try
a use-them-only-if-they-are-sent-to-me-in-the-mail coupon user
a cook-sometimes-if-i-feel-like-it-er
a pre-amateur photographer
a BS in anthropology with archaeological experience but no job in archaeology and no grad degree
a love-to-learner
an organizer of some things
an i-have-all-these-ideas-for-diy-er
a never-been-out-of-the-country-except-for-mexico-not-even-canada traveler
a wife
a blogger (with only one blog post)

and so many other things.

my life is clearly not perfect in any way...and that's what i love about it. i love being a wannabe - it makes me constantly try to better my life and learn things every day. it makes me feel like i have a hobby - even if it is only for a few months, weeks, or days.

so here is my account of being a wannabe. my take-it-as-it-comes life. the only one i have. 
i want this blog to be a record of the things i find that i am good at, bad at, the things i am proud of, my family, my friends, what i had for lunch. i want to be able to have people like me (the wannabe's) look at this blog and know that you don't need to be an all-around crafty/crunchy/fit/pro-photographer/traveler queen to have a full and happy life. 

you just gotta wannabe something.

No comments:

Post a Comment