Wednesday, May 29, 2013

"We should totally just STAB Caesar!"




Sometimes food makes me think about Mean Girls, which means its probably time for me to watch it for the 9,456,567th time. So before I have my "hump day treat," I'll fill you in on what I just whipped up for dinner.

Now that we are back on track with our meal planning, I've been trying out a few new recipes...while still keeping them easy peasy in case I need to stop to grab a crying baby or retrieve a paci that never seems to stay in Avery's mouth (no matter how much she wants it there). 

Today's dinner was both easy and delicious. Seth loved it (he tried to put mustard on it before trying it, but I stopped that nonsense before it happened...he loved it without the mustard). 


Easy Chicken Caesar Sandwiches 

3 chicken breasts
1 cup Caesar dressing (I just used Kroger brand)
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
Hamburger buns

1. Boil the chicken breasts in a pot of water. They will float to the top when done - who knew?! I didn't! This is an amazing thing to me!

2. When chicken is cooked, remove from water (discard water) and shred chicken. Put chicken back in pot after shredding. 

3. While on low heat, add pepper, parsley, dressing, and cheese. Cook on low until cheese is melted and chicken is warmed.


4. Slap some on a bun with some lettuce and eat it!

Easy, yummy...we will definitely be making these again!

No comments:

Post a Comment