Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday faves

I haven't done a Friday faves post in a few weeks, so I figured it was time for a new one (especially since I really do have some faves from this week!). The last few weeks have been a bit of a whirlwind - finding out my medical issues, participating in the pregnancy MRI study, not to mention that it takes me like, 80 times longer to pack my food for work now, which is FOREVER for a lazy chica like myself.

Anyway, on to the list (insert image here of me in a charging position with a sword...no? K.)!

1. This rug from IKEA.

Although this may look like it was ripped off some poor little furry animal baby (not a sheep though, right? Those aren't furry, more like wooly - is that a word? Or does it just apply to mammoths? I'll never know), it was not. I would never fave such a thing. But but buuuuuut this rug will look super sweet in Avery's room, no? You wouldn't know, as I just realized that I haven't posted any progress pictures of it...but trust me, it would be adorbs.

I've been trying to find an excuse to buy this. I wanted to use it as well, a rug in her nursery, but decided it would get too easily nastified. But now I have a use for it...and its not for on the floor! Gasp, say you? A rug not on the floor? And I say, yes!

We just bought a simple black storage ottoman for me to put my feet up on when I'm using the glider - the actual gliding ottoman is way too big for our space - and frankly, the plain black microfiberness kinda irks me. I mean, for $17 it was a steal, but still. Sooooooo...I'm gonna drape this cute $10 rug over it and it will look so chic...just like the rest of our little girl's space!

2. These boxes from IKEA.

More IKEA lovin', I know.

I picked up 2 of the small sized boxes on my last trip and fell in love! They are so crisp and clean looking. Since we are adding a 9 cube cubby thingy thingy to Avery's closet, I thought the larger size of these boxes would look great filling up those cubes. And at $6 a pop (for a 2 pack!!), who could pass that up? Plus, they come with lids - a definate plus seeing as how we plan on moving out of our teeny house within the next few years. Less packing? You had me at less! (What? I said I'm lazy).

3 & 4. Yogi  Tea Vanilla Spice Perfect Energy and Soothing Caramel Bedtime.

Um, YUM. And the caffeine in the energy tea is enough to keep me going for the day when I'm beyond exhausted (kinda like today). The bedtime tea is soothing (hence the name) and delicious at the same time and works wonders at relaxing the bod after a long day. Also, I'm pretty sure these are safe for pregnancy and nursing as there is no disclaimer about it on the package (others like the Breathe Deep tea state, "do not use during pregnancy or while nursing," so...duh).

5. The Organizher line of planners and organizers by Mead (found at Target).

This planner is seriously a lifesaver. I got it when I found out about my gestational diabetes, and thank goodness for that because my schedule has since blown up with doctor appointments, research participation, and baby stuff! I love that its undated - so if you buy it in the middle of the year you don't have to toss it when the next January comes along - you can just keep using it until you run out of months!

They also have mom planners for baby feedings, etc. (I'm totes gettin' one), meal planners (want that too), and budget diaries! It's a seriously awesome line for the type A personalities out there (and I know a few of you read this - so get yo asses to Target and scoop some of these up)!

6. Blue footed boobies.

Because I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment