Tuesday, March 19, 2013

99 problems but an itch ain't one

I'm really excited about this blog post title. Like, unnecessarily excited...especially because it isn't true.

Most of you know that I went from having a glorious pregnancy to having it all go in the shitter when I hit the third trimester: gestational diabetes (wha??), a high blood pressure/swelling scare (c'mon now), and now a rash (ew). Since this rash is the newest addition to my list of "pregnancy ailments that no one thought Heather would get," I'll talk about that.

Right now I'm in the bath. Yes, I am blogging naked and no, I don't care. I will care, however, if I drop my new iPhone 5 in the water because I will be sad (and Seth will most likely strangle me). You wanna know why I'm blogging in the bath? Well, I don't really have a great reason for that other than I feel like it. I'm taking a bath with ACV. Yep, a vinegar bath. Sounds gross. Probably smells gross too, but since I have a nasty cold the scent isn't a bother because I can't breathe anyway.

Did you know that apple cider vinegar is like, a hippy's BFF (right up there with coconut oil)? It is seriously so good for you. I've read that you should drink some every day and you will live to be 956 years old (that's not true, I made that up - but it's hella good for you). I recently made up my cold concoction (ACV, cayenne, honey, water) and slurped some down to soothe my achy throat...it worked. Now, I'm drenching my whole body in the stuff (just the ACV, not the other stuff - ouch, cayenne amiright, ladies?).

Back to my rash (I know - you were dying to hear about it). It's on my belly, under my belly button...and I'm pretty sure it's spread to my hips, ankles and maybe my arms (I have an itch there now). It's just little red bumps but itches like a mofo!! I searched the Internet for a natural, hippie-mama way to alleviate some of the annoying itch and came up with this:

Warm/hot bath
1 cup apple cider vinegar (I always use the organic, unfiltered kind)

Soak your bod for at least 20 minutes.

As I'm relaxing here, I've noticed that its actually cleaning my tub some (definite plus) and that it turns the water a little brown (the ACV, not the junk from my tub). Also, it kinda tingles my skin (me likey).

Although I'm missing my eucalyptus bath right now, I'm thinking that maybe my over use of that stuff could be contributing to my rash - or I could just have another crazy preggo ailment like PUPPPS. Good gawd, lets hope not (I'm already seeing my doctors twice a week. If I get anything else they will have me moving in with one of them).

So lets hope the title of my post rings true after my bath. Cuz I already gots me 99 problems...and an itch IS one (for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment