Tuesday, January 8, 2013

dogg lyfe

For the past few weeks, we have been seeing more of our fur-baby, Auto's, BFF, Oscar. Like, a lot a lot more. Like he stayed with us for almost a week and then another weekend. So, a lot.

Auto has a love-hate relationship with this little weenie. He loves having another pup around to hang out with and play with...on his own terms. You see, Auto is a baby. A BIG baby. Yes, it may be due to me coddling him like a newborn baby, letting him sleep with me in bed, and giving him more than enough "tastes" of whatever food I'm eating...but anyway, he's a huge infant. 

When Oscar, who is about 1/2 the size of our Auto, comes to play, he expects to play. The Whole. Damn. Time. Auto is a lazy dog and likes his naps - Oscar thinks this is unacceptable (unless, of course, he is ready for a nap himself). So what happens? Whining happens. Crying happens. This little half-weenie dog wants me to MAKE Auto play with him! 

My dog isn't all sparkles and sunshine either, though. He is no good at sharing, and by that I mean he doesn't share at all. It doesn't matter if Oscar is across the room chewing nicely on a toy and Auto is otherwise preoccupied - my infant-dog-child will strut his ass across the room and just take whatever toy the other pup is enjoying!

And although a lot of fighting ensues (between doggie children) over these issues, they still love each other like brothers and can't resist a good snuggle together (which I can't resist snapping photos of).

So, am I saying we need to get a real, full time puppy-brother for Auto? Hells to the no! But am I going to turn down a week or weekend where my dog is entertained at all hours of the day and night (and pees on the walls less)? Of course not!

Auto was so exhausted from his weekend with Oscar that he slept all day yesterday. Like, he was just getting up and stretching when I walked in the door after work (he is usually barking and jumping at the door with crazy eyes) and he was so tired that he didn't even get up to lift his leg and pee on the damn wall (this is obviously a problem we have, anyone know how to fix it?)!

So until next time, little-whiney-weenie-mutt Oscar, until next time. We are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment