Sunday, January 13, 2013

friday faves

Please excuse this post. I didn't post it on the right day, it didn't post correctly, the blogger app effed up my presentation. All in all - a shitty post. I'm sorry. But read for a basic idea of what I was getting at - without pictures, without all the links - sad face.


It's Friday, and I couldn't be more thankful for that. All week I feel like I've been living life like a sloth: slow, tired and nodding off every 5 minutes (um, I haven't been hanging upside-down though, so I guess not exactly like a sloth). I'm hoping this weekend will bring me a little more energy to work on all the projects that I need to get done. 

I'm not only thankful for it being Friday, I'm also thankful that I have a job where I can write a blog post all morning and no one gives a shit. So there's that.
This week has actually been productive (considering how sluggish I've been): I have finished some details on the baby shower invitations and addressed all the envelopes (other details and envelope stuffing will be done tonight, and a trip to the post office tomorrow), meal planning and preparing was successful, and I kept up on the blog (and, at least for this week, met my goal if a different topic each day).
It was also productive in that I have been able to gather some of my fave things from this week to show you!
Have you seen these?? I mean, I need them. Like, I really, actually legitimately need them. With our teeny house and a new baby on the way, I need to clear as much space as possible up for baby stuff and organize our shit that's lying around.
These magnetic spice jars would be perfect for the side of the fridge that I've been meaning to unclutter and would help clear out at least half of a cabinet for baby bottles!
IKEA trip soon, anyone?
2. Office Max Printing Station.
I don't think I mentioned this in my post about the baby shower invitations, but we had them printed at Office Max. This was my second time working with them (our wedding programs were printed there as well) and the experience was just as easy and stress free as the first time!
Now, I realize that they have this handy dandy thing on their website where you can upload the item you want to print then just pick it up at the store: if you can figure it out, go for it. If you're like me, just go into the damn store. The staff (at our store at least) was extremely helpful and got the job done right. Once we had picked our paper, it only took 15 minutes to format, print and cut the invitations!
You have to bring or purchase your own paper (which was the most expensive part for us), but after that its $.09 per page if you print in black and white, and like $1 to cut!
We spent $47 in total, but keep in mind that we bought our paper there and I had like 5 different parts of the invitations to print. It's all worth it though, they look awesome!
3. Family Command Center.
Ever since we moved our desk into the breezeway/laundry room area of the house, I've been dying to create a family command center where we can organize mail, post meal plans, grocery lists and have a calendar.
I know this may be a repeat if yesterday's post, but here are my fave inspirations:
I can't wait to get this started and be on our way to a more organized home!
4. Raising Natural Kids
I've been following this website on Facebook for a few months now, and have found it extremely informative and helpful (especially if you like to work towards a more nature-based home). On the Facebook page people pretty much just post questions and other readers comment with advice: I've found a lot of helpful tips and tricks from this that I can't wait to try when Avery gets here.
Not only is the site about raising natural kids, but there is also advice about adults, pets, and a bunch of other stuff!
5. Moose antler dog chews.
This fave is inspired by my 2 favorite doggies, Auto and Oscar (who is with us again for a long weekend).
These moose antler chews are lifesavers, I swear. The dogs will chew on them all day, which keeps them out of my way for the most part. A bit on the expensive side ($12-40), but they seriously last so long. And they are safe for your pup! When chewing on them, the antler just wears down, as opposed to breaking off in chunks or becoming soggy (like raw hide). Auto and Oscar are both in love with theirs ( we got Oscar one for Christmas, as he was staying with us at the time...and no pup should go without a gift from Santa)!
We get ours at The Urban Dog in Rochester Hills - seriously the best place for whole and healthy dog and cat foods and other products. We love their selection of natural treats and toys...we even buy Auto's food there.
As I'm always finding something else I love, need or want, I'm sure there will be another great list coming your way next Friday!
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment