Monday, January 21, 2013

shake it like a polaroid picture

Last week, Seth and I had a pretty delicious dinner: Greek salad with homemade dressing and couscous. My more sophisticated palate allowed me to add beets, chick peas, feta and cumcumbers to my salad (gasp! I just remembered that I have kalamata olives in my fridge for that salad...and I forgot about them) and Seth's kindergarten palate only allowed him to add feta. Yes, just feta. If you don't know Seth, you also don't know that when we go to a coney he orders, "Greek salad with feta only," well, gosh darnit, man...isn't that just a bowl of damn lettuce with feta on top?!? And can't you ask for lettuce and feta instead of making the restaurant charge us full price for a half-assed Greek? Ugh. 

So we made this at home to save a little money on the non-Greek Greek salad. 

Um, and have you ever tried Near East brand couscous (or rice)? I've loved it for years - its delicious and you should def pick some up if you haven't already tried it!

But hey! I made my own dressing! Very wifey of me, no? I didn't just make a meal (well, I guess boxed couscous doesn't really count), but I made a condiment too! Sir Seth The Picky even liked it! His review: "its a bit tangier than I'm used to, but I like it." And he used a lot of it. 

So here it is: 

Homemade Greek Dressing

1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1 1/4 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. Dijon mustard

1. Put all that shit in a bottle!

2. Shake it like a polaroid picture! Shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it!
 

You're welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment