Wednesday, January 9, 2013

sneak peek: baby shower invitations

I really wanted to post this last Thursday, like really, really bad. I actually had another post all written up and pretty-like with pictures and everything. But this m-effing website won't let me post the damn thing no matter how many times I try and my short temper + pregnancy hormones are starting to get the best of me: I may or may not have thrown multiple mini fits over this and I'm afraid that if I keep trying and failing to post it, I may have a full-out breakdown with tears and stomping feet and everything.

So because I can't post what I want to (which is complete BS), I'll just tell you a little of what I had in mind for this post:

Imagine this - "Hi! I'm so happy that I spent 4 hours on Wednesday night designing these cute and awesome baby shower invitations and I want to share with you the digital images! Hey, while we're at it, how about I remind you that I made our wedding invitations back in 2011 and they were awesome and I loved them [insert digital images of wedding invitations] and then I made a bunch of other stuff for the wedding too that was really cool as well [insert photos of the stuff I made for the wedding]! Oh and this cute and wonderful walk down memory lane leads up to the real point of the post which is that I designed our baby shower invitations too [insert digital images of baby shower invitations]!"

That's the post in a nut shell - it was way cuter and more amazing and funny and awesome in its entirety, but I'M NOT ALLOWED TO POST IT!!!!!!!!

Deep breaths.

Ok.

My latest project has been designing the invitation suite for our baby shower in March (yes, I realize that someone else should probably be doing this part, but I love doing these kinds of things). My techniques are extremely amateur - like using paint and other prehistoric programs to create my digital designs.

The theme for the shower is Alice in Wonderland - a tea party type thing...and it's at the Mad Hatter Grill! How perfect is that? Ok, so the grill is inside of a bowling alley - the one Seth works at on Friday nights - but it's been redone recently and looks great (and did I mention that the name of the bowling alley is Wonderland Lanes? Perfection again!).

So, without further ado...I present to you, the Stern baby shower invitation suite:



If you are expecting one of these beauts in the mail, this is not everything - I still have a few cute ideas to add to the invitations so you will still be surprised when you receive them!

I have so many ideas for this shower - I'm pretty much taking over decorating ideas (but only because it's so fun)! I wish I had unlimited fundage because this would be the most amazing shower ever if I did! But I don't, so I am hoping to be able to make do with what I can make/buy and hope that it still turns out as awesome as it is in my head. And don't worry, after the shower I plan on making another post with all of the DIY projects that we did to make the day special!


Not the best post. I realize this. On to other really annoying things I have to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment