Tuesday, January 15, 2013

you are enough

Today was a little bittersweet. My co-worker, and good friend, Jen came to visit work...and also to announce that she will not be returning after her maternity leave.
The only thing about this that disappoints me is that I won't get to see her just about every day. Mostly I am so happy that she gets to stay home with her boys (who are adorable, by the way) for however long she is able, and that she has an opportunity to find work that she truly loves. Everyone should have that chance - and if anyone has a chance at that, its Jen.

You guys may not know who she is, but Jen is seriously a super-woman full of so much girl power she could probably blast the Spice Girls right out of their foot-high platforms. She's a woman who has had her own struggles but who has come out the better for it, and I idolize her for that. You can tell just by this little note she gave me today (sorry, Jen, its such a beautiful message that I just have to share!):






So, you see, I'm not losing a co-worker, really (or a friend!), the world (and her kids) are gaining a beautiful, strong, and amazing woman who could (and will, if she has her way!) change the world, just by being in it, doing what she loves instead of sitting behind a computer, looking out a window, and wishing she were out in the world making it a better place for everyone. 

Love you, Jen!

(and I WILL be visiting you ;))


If you are interested in girl power and making women's rights a priority, then you should check these out: 

UniteWomen.org (Jennifer is the National Director of Development - follow them on facebook!)

45 Million Voices (Supporting and empowering women and eliminating stigma one story at a time)
 



1 comment: