Tuesday, January 1, 2013

post-seasonal noggin' shakin' smoothie

Now that the holidays and new year celebrations are over, I've found myself trying to rid my refrigerator of the seasonal goodies that come along with celebrating the holidays. What's been left in my fridge? 

Egg nog. 

Not really egg nog - I'm pregnant, remember? and I shouldn't be consuming raw eggs. What's leftover is Silk Seasonal Nog - which is pretty much just soy milk and some nutmeg and other flavors that still leave you wanting the real thing (if you enjoy your nog, that is).

So in the spirit of the new year (out with the old and in with the new) I'm cleaning out my fridge for you guys and putting together a healthy smoothie for my return back to work:

Post-Seasonal Noggin' Shakin' Smoothie

1/2 cup oatmeal - ground to flour

1 frozen banana

1/4 cup organic peanut butter

1 tbs. vanilla protein powder

1 tbs. chai latte mix (if you don't know what this is, it comes in powder form and you usually mix it with milk or water to create a deliciously creamy chai drink)

3/4 cup Silk Seasonal Nog

1. Blend your oatmeal until it is the consistency of flour. I love adding oatmeal to my smoothies so that my tummy gets filled up on my way to work. 

  

2. Add your frozen banana and blend with the oatmeal flour.

  

3. Throw in all of the other ingredients and blend!


4. Transfer your drink to a cute travel cup and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment