Friday, January 4, 2013

friday faves

Friday faves!! Aren't you excited to see what has caught my eye this week? Well, I can't wait to share them with you! 

Before I start my list, I would just like to remind you that although some of these fave posts may have a theme of some sort, most will probably not. That's not how I roll. Well, its sometimes how I roll...which is why I'm telling you that these may or may not be organized and prettily-themed. Got it? 

So this week as I was perusing the interwebs and shopping and visiting friends, I came across a few things that I thought worth sharing with you!


This collection is super cute/modern/awesome and super affordable! John and Sherry of the DIY blog, Young House Love (be sure to check it out!), have done an amazing job designing these light fixtures and add-ons, all while vowing that the prices of the collection never exceed $99! 

A few of my faves from their collection are:

 Young House Love Farmhouse Pendant Young House Love Large Wire Globe Lantern - 7 Colors! Young House Love Two Tone Ikat Drum Shade

My only regret is that the collection doesn't include any table lamps small enough for little miss Avery's nursery - the prints would be perfect for the look we are going for! Maybe we should think about getting her one of those awesome overhead light fixtures instead (wink wink nudge nudge to the hubby)!

2. Time to talk some shit. Literally. While over at our friends' Ashley and Trevor's house for New Year's Eve, I was introduced to this diaper pail that took my breath away (figuratively -  that thing does a great job of keeping in the stench of baby poo!):


It's clean lines and bright white color are exactly what I was looking for in a container that will hold my daughter's sure-to-be stanky diapers (Seth is her father, you know - I wouldn't expect any less than super stanky)! 

The neat thing about this diaper pail (as Ashley showed me) is that you can replace the disposable liners with re-useable wet bags for cloth diapers (we are not cloth diapering - I just don't think I have the patience or will power - but I like to try to be eco-friendly, so maybe I could use a re-useable bag too, and *gasp* save money?!?). She also let me know that the disposable liners last forever, which is awesome too.
Needless to say, I changed our baby registry to include this pretty poop holder as soon as we got home!


I love me some Martha. She always has such good ideas - so we turned to her in our time of need.
Seth and I have been looking for a shoe/coat storage solution to go in our breezeway/laundry room. And its been HARD. We dabbled with a few ideas: cabinets, closets, piles on the floor, shoes bins/organizers, but either we couldn't agree or the dang item wouldn't fit into a very particular space that we had picked out.

Until Martha. 

This is what we ended up with: 


And it fits perfectly (Not to mention, I can't contain myself over the cuteness that is the little bench)!

Unfortunately, we had to opt out of the cute shelf that goes with this bench: 


We just need more coat-friendly storage than those 4 measley hooks. So Seth is putting up a simple white shelf with a bar beneath it for hangers. We plan on finding some cute storage baskets (maybe the one below?) for the shelf to hold scarfs, gloves and other crap that we have lying around. You will probably see the finished product in a future post!


Oh, Target, how I love thee. And when you use awesome designers at discount prices I love you even more. The Nate Berkus collection is da bomb. There are way too many pretty things included in it that I want - and Seth will probably kill me for even suggesting that I need any more stuff.

But, but, but...preeeeeeeetty.

Here are some of my faves:
Nate Berkus Monterrey Decorative Pillow Nate Berkus Rectangle Basket - Earth Natural  
Nate Berkus for Target® Cream Tortoise Shell

The chevron pillow? The baskets? The tortoise shell? GIMME!

Of course, Seth's response would be, "what the f*** do you need a fake tortoise shell for?" And my answer would be...well, I don't really have an answer for that.

I'm pretty sure that there is more of a selection at different stores...I saw a few white ceramic antlers and birds that were calling my name the last time I visited that lovely store. 

I can't wait to see what catches my eye next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment